THE death of Nelson Mandela has left humanity without a single individual that you would genuinely not want to disappoint.
South Africa’s first black president freed his country from oppression, inspired millions and encouraged countless celebrities to be marginally less self-absorbed.
But as the world mourned a lovely old man who didn’t take any shit from racists, everyone realised there was no longer any reason to raise their game.
Tom Logan, from Peterborough, said: “Nelson Mandela was my last hope for self-improvement.
“I had to factor in the possibility that one day I might meet him and could therefore not allow myself to become irredeemably awful.
“Oh well, that’s that.”
Martin Bishop, from Hatfield, added: “I met someone who met him once and actually had a fleeting desire to try and impress them.
“And they were not even remotely impressive, so that’s powerful stuff.”
Meanwhile, Jane Thompson, from Stevenage, said: “It’s like my lovely old grandpa who fought in the war has died – again.
“The key difference being that grandpa had not forgiven anyone, never mind the Germans.”
But Professor Henry Brubaker, of the Institute for Studies, said: “You don’t own Nelson Mandela. He was not your conscience. He was just a guy, doing his thing.
“Scared the shit out of the racists though, eh?”
Article blatantly stolen from The Daily Mash
- World Mourns th Death of South Africa’s Hopes and Dreams (Banana Newsline)
- Chaos After Death of Mandela (Banana Newsline)
- Haven Not Yet Ready for Nelson Mandela (Banana Newsline)
- Nelson Mandela’s celebrity friends (rollingout.com)
- Nelson Mandela – live in peace (stefanhippler.com)
- Nelson Mandela (jaipurconsultancy.wordpress.com)
- Nelson Mandela (dpatlarge.wordpress.com)
- Nelson Mandela, Rest In Peace (gandhipv.wordpress.com)
- Vale Nelson Mandela (iainhall.wordpress.com)
- Nelson Mandela (bgroody.wordpress.com)
- Nelson Mandela Popular Quotes (hybridleaders.wordpress.com)
- Tribute to Nelson Mandela by Ruth Gee, President of the Methodist Conference (geoffreymkeyte.wordpress.com)