PRETORIA – Fake interpreter and sign language champion Thamsanqa Jantjie will fill the position of communications minister in place of the disgraced Dina Pule. Pule was removed from her post earlier this year after allegations of corruption.
Spokesman for the presidency, Mac Marahaj, is confident that Jantjie is perfect for the job. “As communications minister, we need someone with the ability to communicate,” he said.
Maharaj is convinced that Jantjie’s communication skills are far superior to that of any other candidate. “He has the ability to interpret the angels. Who else can do that?”
Jantjie revealed his special ability to interpret celestial beings after being accused of wrongly signing Barack Obama’s speech during Nelson Mandela’s memorial service in Johannesburg. “I wasn’t interpreting Obama. I don’t even know what Barack was saying. When angels speak, you listen,” claimed Jantjie.
The ANC leadership welcomed the move. “It is not ANC policy to dismiss anyone. If someone struggles to do a job, we must promote or reassign that person. We can’t just fire everyone,” maintained Collins Chabane, the Minister for Performance Management and Evaluation.
The appointment of Jantjie was applauded by Hendrietta Bogopane-Zulu, Deputy Minister of Women, Children and the Disabled. “Most government officials have some kind of mental disease, but it’s nice to finally see a high ranking official who is openly schizophrenic,” she said. “This is a giant leap forward for people with disabilities.”
The Democratic Alliance objected to the appointment, and demanded that an enquiry into the matter be launched. “The citizens of this country need to know the truth about angels, and whether they really exist or not. We expect the government to make this report public,” demanded the party’s Lindiwe Mazibuko.
The angels could not be reached for comment. BN
Radebe understands that you really need to look politics from all sides, weigh up all options and come to terms with what politics is before you can write about politics. This takes time and resources, and he never makes a deadline. Still, his ill-conceived articles are better than it would have been if he rushed it to meet demands. Even if we can never print it, because it’s too late.
- Scandal over ‘schizophrenic’ Mandela signer (modernghana.com)
- Sign language interpreter at Mandela memorial says he was hallucinating (o.canada.com)
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating (arkansasonline.com)
- Mandela ‘fake’ interpreter Thamsanqa Jantjie says he’s schizophrenic (wjla.com)
- Violent sign language interpreter’s access to Obama triggers investigation (worldnews.nbcnews.com)
- State to blame for ‘fake’ interpreter: ANC (iol.co.za)
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating (kvue.com)
- Meet Thamsanqa Jantjie, the Fake Sign Language Interpreter Guy (everyjoe.com)